About Marathon® Liquid Skin Protectant
Marathon does not hurt or sting when applied to intact or damaged skin. Upon application, a warm sensation may be felt on the affected area, but this is only temporary.
Clean and dry the skin (Medline Remedy® Antimicrobial or Foaming Cleanser is suggested) before applying Marathon® Liquid Skin Protectant. Make sure that the skin is thoroughly dry and that all traces of moisturizers, lotions, lotion soaps or lanolin are removed from the application site.
- Protect any sensitive areas, such as stomas and mucous membranes (e.g., the gums and inside of mouth).
- Remove the applicator from the packaging. While holding the applicator upright (with the sponge tip to the top), firmly squeeze between the finger and thumb to crush the sealed inner tube.
- Turn the applicator upside down and wait for 5 seconds while the Marathon® Liquid Skin Protectant soaks through the sponge tip. Gently squeezing the tube will speed up this process, but be cautious of over squeezing.
- As soon as the sponge is wet, slowly spread the Marathon® Liquid Skin Protectant, gently and evenly, to form a thin transparent coating. Ensure that the desired area is completely covered and extends at least an inch (2.5cm) beyond the affected region.
- If Marathon® Liquid Skin Protectant is used at room temperature it will dry within a minute. Some people may feel a temporary warming sensation as the cyanoacrylate dries.
- Do not over apply or rub the Marathon® Liquid Skin Protectant in like a cream as the coverage will not be as effective and the warming sensation will be increased. It is most effective when the coating is paper-thin.
- Ensure that Marathon® Liquid Skin Protectant has dried, completely, before covering with clothes, applying adhesive products such as tapes and dressings, or incontinence products.
- Marathon® Liquid Skin Protectant naturally wears off over 1-3 days depending on skin type and activity level. Inspect the film regularly (at least once a day) and if any cracking or flaking appears, apply another layer on top, until the area is completely covered once again. It is not necessary to remove the cracked and flaking layer; however, if it is applied too frequently excess build-up will lead to a thick inflexible film.
- One Marathon® Liquid Skin Protectant applicator will cover an area of approximately 4 in x 4 in (10 cm x 10 cm).
- Do not use cleansers that leave a protective barrier, such as dimethicone, petrolatum, mineral oil, etc.
Marathon should not be applied on deep, open, or bleeding wounds, infected areas second or third degree burns, or on chronic wounds.
About Skin Conditions
Maintenance & Contraindications
- For external use only.
- Single use only.
- If Marathon® Liquid Skin Protectant is applied to a moist skin surface it will set very rapidly and a noticeable, but temporary warming sensation will be felt.
- Do not use under drug delivery patches.
- Avoid contact with mucous membranes such as the eyes and mouth.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Do NOT apply directly to deep, open, or bleeding wounds.
Do NOT apply to chronic wounds (persistent or unhealing wounds).
Do NOT apply to second or third degree burns.
Do NOT apply to infected areas.