Put the Power in their Hands
acapella® Choice Vibratory PEP Therapy System
Drug-free supplemental treatment for COPD and excessive secretions
What is Vibratory PEP?
Vibratory PEP Therapy is a drug-free supplemental treatment for COPD and excessive secretions that adds back pressure and vibrations to the patient’s expired breath.
- Reduce air trapping, common with asthma and COPD
- Prevent or reverse atelectasis
- Help mobilize retained secretions related to cystic fibrosis and chronic bronchitis
- Optimize the delivery of bronchodilators
Who Uses Vibratory PEP Therapy?
Prevent COPD flare-ups and reduce readmissions.
Long Term Acute Care
Shorten length of stay and improve quality of life.
Patients at Home
Billable for HME providers and helps manage COPD flare-ups.
The Clear Choice
Allows proximal placement of a nebulizer.
Device that can be fully disassembled for easy cleaning in the facility or at home (dishwasher, boiling and autoclave safe).
Approved for use on all patients, from pediatric to adult. Achieve PEP in any position, sitting, standing or lying down.
Reduces COPD flare-ups by 28%
Retrospective review of 810 COPD patients.1
Reduces length of stay by 1.5 days2
1. Suggett J. A retrospective cohort study demonstrating the impact of an OPEP device on exacerbations in COPD patients with chronic bronchitis. European Respiratory Journal. 2016; 48. Available at: https://erj.ersjournals.com/content/48/suppl_60/PA3780. Accessed August 11, 2019.
2. Milan S, Bondalapati P, Bachman E, Weingarten JA. Use of a positive expiratory pressure device reduces hospital length of stay for acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Presented at: American Thoracic Society International Conference; May 13-18, 2016; San Francisco, CA.