1. Magill, S.S., et al. Multistate Point-Prevalence Survey of Health Care-Associated Infections. The New England Journal of Medicine:
2. Klevens, RM, et al. Public Health Reports. 2007; 122:160-166. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1820440/
3. Cancer Facts & Figures 2018. American Cancer Society. Available at: http://www.cancer.org/research/cancerfactsstatistics/cancerfactsfigures2015/ Accessed January 21, 2019.
4. The Direct Medical Costs of Healthcare-Associated Infections in U.S. Hospitals and the Benefits of Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/hai/pdfs/hai/scott_costpaper.pdf.
5. Hand hygiene in healthcare settings – core slides. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/HandHygiene/download/hand_hygiene_core.pdf. Accessed January 19, 2021.
6. Desphande, A. et al. Are Hospital Floors an Underappreciated Reservoir for Transmission of Clostridium Difficile and
Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus?Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/313301242_1647. Are_Hospital_Floors_an_Underappreciated_Reservoir_for_Transmission_of_Clostridium_difficile_and_Methicillin-Resistant_Staphylococcus_aureus.
7. Just because you are using a disinfectant, doesn?t mean you are disinfecting: The business case for improving infection prevention. Becker?s Clinical Leadership and Infection Control: https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/quality/just-because-you-are-using-a-disinfectant-doesn-tmean-you-are-disinfecting-the-business-case-for-improving-infection-prevention.html.
8. Chemaly, RF, Simmons S, Dale C, et al. The role of the healthcare environment in the spread of multidrug-resistant organisms: update on current best practices for containment. Therapeutic Advances in Infectious Disease. 2014;2(3-4):79-90. doi:10.1177/2049936114543287. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4250270/.
9. Data on file.
10. Pyrek KM. What?s on That Surface?Current Thought on Microbial Load on Surfaces, Pathogen Persistence, Cleaning Best Practices. October 2014. Available at: http://sd.infectioncontroltoday.com/digital-issues/2014/10/whats-on-that-surface.aspx. Accessed July 18,
11. Kramer A, Schwebke I, Kampf G. How Long Do Nosocomial Pathogens Persist on Inanimate Surfaces? A Systematic Review. BMC Infectious Diseases. 2006; 6:130. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1564025/pdf/1471-2334-6-130.pdf. Accessed July 18, 2016.