1. How-To Guide: Prevent Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infection. Institute for Healthcare Improvement; 2011. Available at: http://www.ihi.org/resources/Pages/Tools/HowtoGuidePreventCatheterAssociatedUrinaryTractInfection.aspx. Accessed August 21, 2015.
2. Based on a 17-month study at a 107-bed long term care acute facility. Data on file.
3. R3 Report: Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections, Oakbrook Terrace, IL: The Joint Commission; 2011. Available at http://www.jointcommission.org/assets/1/18/R3_Report_Issue_2_9_22_11_final.pdf Accessed May 15, 2015.
4. Hooton TM, Bradley SF, Cardenas D, et al. Diagnosis, Prevention,
and Treatment of Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infection in Adults: 2009 International Clinical Practice Guidelines from the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2010;50:625-663. Available at http://www.idsociety.org/uploadedFiles/IDSA/Guidelines-Patient_Care/PDF_Library/
Comp%20UTI.pdf Accessed May 15, 2015.
5. Gould CV, Umscheid CA, Agarwal RK, Kuntz G, Pegues DA. Guideline for Prevention of Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections 2009. Infec Control Hosp Epidemiol 2010;31:319-26. Available at http://www.jstor.org/stable/10.1086/651091 Accessed May 15, 2015.