1. National Library of Medicine. Bilku DK, Dennison AR, Metcalfe MS, Garcea G. Role of preoperative carbohydrate loading: a systematic review. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5137663/ Accessed April 7, 2021.
2. ASA Publications: Anesthesiology. Practice Guidelines for Preoperative Fasting and the Use of Pharmacologic Agents to Reduce the Risk of Pulmonary Aspiration: Application to Healthy Patients Undergoing Elective Procedures: An Updated Report by the American Society of Anesthesiologists Task Force on Preoperative Fasting and the Use of Pharmacologic Agents to Reduce the Risk of Pulmonary Aspiration. Available at: https://pubs.asahq.org/anesthesiology/article/126/3/376/19733/Practice-Guidelines-for-Preoperative-Fasting-and. Accessed March 5, 2021.
3. ERAS® Society. List of Guidelines. Available at: https://erassociety.org/guidelines/list-of-guidelines/. Accessed March 5, 2021.
4. International Anesthesia Research Society. Wischmeyer PE, Franco C, Evans DC, et al. American Society for Enhanced Recovery and Perioperative Quality Initiative Joint Consensus Statement on Nutrition Screening and Therapy Within a Surgical Enhanced Recovery Pathway. Available at: https://journals.lww.com/anesthesia-analgesia/Fulltext/2018/06000/American_Society_for_Enhanced_
Recovery_and.19.aspx. Accessed March 5, 2021.
5. Greco M, Capretti G, Beretta L, Gemma M, Pecorelli N, Braga M. Enhanced Recovery Program in Colorectal Surgery: a meta-analysis of randomized control trials. 2014 June; 38(6): 1531-1541.
6. Varadhan KK, Neal KR, Dejong CH, Fearon KC, Ljungqvist O, Lobo DN. The enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS) pathway for patients undergoing major elective open colorectal surgery: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Clin Nutr 2010; 29(4): 434-440.
7. Lau, CS, Chamberlain, RS. Enhanced Recovery After Surgery Programs Improve Patient Outcomes and Recovery: A Meta-analysis. World J Surg 2017 April; 41(4): 899-913.
8. Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. McClave SA, Kozar R, Martindale RG, Heyland DK, et al. Summary Points and Consensus Recommendations From the North American Surgical Nutrition Summit. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/
275441440_Summary_Points_and_Consensus_Recommendations_From_the_North_American_Surgical_Nutrition_Summit. Accessed March 5, 2021.
This product has not been reviewed or endorsed by the ERAS® Society. Studies conducted using formulas containing similar nutrients as Medline Pre-Surgery Carb+.